> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > hole in plaster wall
Login | Register

hole in plaster wall

Posted by Henry Fleming on December 14th, 1997 09:03 AM
In reply to hole in lath &plaster wall by sue Zimmer on December 6th, 1997 09:44 AM [Go to top of thread]

Sue, the easiest way is to repair it just like a wallboard wall and that depends on the size of the hole. For a small hole, say up to 3" in min width, insert a piece of cardboard with a string thru a couple of holes in the middle for a handle, hold that in place with the patch material that comes in cans from the hardware store, fill in in layers about 1/8" thich. For a big hole, cut out the lathe & plaster back to half way over a stud, buy wallboard, either 5/8" or 3/4" thich, as fits, screw it to the studs and fill with patching plaster.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC