> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Hmmmm ...
Login | Register

Hmmmm ...

Posted by Jay J -Moderator on February 13th, 2001 08:26 PM
In reply to RESALES VALUES FOR REMODELING-REALESTATE AGENT by RICH on February 13th, 2001 05:49 PM [Go to top of thread]

Kinda like asking the fix if he'd mind watching the chicken house ...

I'd have to respectfully differ. Real Estate Agents, of course, would want a prospective Seller to make all kinds of improvements to a home, cosmetic or otherwise. This helps to sell a home BUT doesn't necessarily help the Seller in recouping the remodeling costs. I'd like to know 1 home improvement that instantly adds Value to a home where the COST of the improvement is guaranteed. From my experience, the improvement needs to appreciate with the house which 'takes time'.

In other words, if you spent $40,000 for an addition on your home where you added a Family Room, a Home Office, and a Deck, you're saying that you'll get $40,000 (or more) added to the 'old price' of the house??? If so, it's a first for me!

Jay J -Moderator

PS: You're right about what a Realtor knows ('... what the public wants and exactly what sells.') I'm just not sure what that has to do with what the Public is willing to SPEND ...

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC