> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Hmmmm ...
Login | Register

Hmmmm ...

Posted by Jay J -Moderator on October 20th, 2000 07:44 AM
In reply to Dead lights by T Nguyen on October 19th, 2000 08:11 PM [Go to top of thread]

Hi T,

Your 'street sign light somehow went dead'? If you're truely referring to the street light that's out front of your home, near the curb or something, that's for the Electric / Utility Company to fix.

BUT, if it's basically anything else, try these 2 things. First, are you SURE the breaker you're resetting is the right one? If it is, then turn it (the breaker) OFF, then turn it on. If this doesn't work, look for a Reset button or switch on the light unit. Hold it in for a moment or 2 if it's a button, or hold the toggle-switch to one side if it's a switch.

Other than that, you can re-check that the NEW bulb is good. Try it in a light fixture that works. After that, consider 'killing' the power to the ENTIRE home. This will tell you if the breaker you thought was the correct breaker IS / ISN'T the correct one (to a certain extent.) Of course, you'll have to reset all your electric clocks, microwave, VDR(s), and so on if you do this. And lastly, the light unit could be bad. I doubt the wiring is bad but check for loose connections anyways. If you have a volt meter and can get to the wiring at the light unit w/o killing yourself, check to see if there's power to the unit. Beyond that, I think the unit is bad.

My best to ya and hope this helps.

Jay J -Moderator

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC