> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Hmmmm ...
Login | Register

Hmmmm ...

Posted by Jay J on June 5th, 2000 01:04 PM
In reply to It's dust... by Jim -ATS on June 5th, 2000 12:49 PM [Go to top of thread]

She says the Cleaning Service comes in, and she (or the cleaning service) vacumes twice a week. I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume the 'ghosted' part of the carpet (or the edges along the walls/risers/stringers are vacumed twice a week, yet, the ghosting comes back. Assuming this, where would that leave her? (Your 'view' is a good one but would you make the same assumption as I?)

I, too, would agree that the stairs are completely inside the house. I may even assume that the HVAC system is in the basement and the seal around the basement door that leads to the 1st floor is good. Hence, air is being drawn through the 'cracks' inbetween the stairs and such. I, too, wouldn't caulk the stairs.

I just had an idea! SA: clean up all the ghosting. W/O doing anything else, open up the basement door between the 1st floor and the basement. Let the HVAC unit have COMPLETE 'access' to the first floor. If your ghosting goes away but comes back whenever you CLOSE the door, well, that should tell you something. Otherwise, I'll have to assume Jim's scenario and say that you need to bring out the Vacume Wand ...

Let us all know how the 'test' works out. My best to ya and hope this helps.

Jay J

PS: Since you may be 'getting back' to us in a week or so (to confirm your test over a week or so), Post up with a new message. Summarize your original problem and how you did with my 'test'. That will help us all remember what the original problem was ...

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC