> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Hmmmm ...
Login | Register

Hmmmm ...

Posted by Jay J on March 10th, 2000 08:51 AM
In reply to Fresh Paint is Peeling! by Nora on March 9th, 2000 06:36 PM [Go to top of thread]

FWIW (For What It's Worth), you can put late oil over latex, so you're OK there. The usual cause of your problem is moisture based on my experience. Other than that, I'll have to say that your 'designer paint' is bad. If you search this Forum's BBS, you'll see LOTS of people that had problems with this type of paint. Again, from my perspective, I don't see even the BEST of painters have the best of success with these types of paints. It's all in the mix. In short, you get what you pay for (and that's in the Name; NOT the material.)

In my opinion, open your Yellow Pages, look under PAINT - RETAIL and pick a store like Benjamine Moore, Pratt & Lambert, MAB, Finneran & Haley (my personal favorite), and have them mix something up for you. Heck, bring in a sample to see if they can match it.

Even if a company like, say, Benjamine Moore made Laura Ashley's paint, IF it was the same paint as their 'regular' paints, it wouldn't matter which one you bought, would it? Soooo, they have to be different by design! Maybe you can e-mai at her WEB site to see what she says. I'd be curious as to who makes her paint too. If you can find out, plez e-mail me at the above address. Other than that, maybe someone else has something more useful to offer than bad news.

My best to ya and hope this helps.

Jay J

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC