> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Hey Guys ...
Login | Register

Hey Guys ...

Posted by Jay J -Moderator on December 21st, 2001 09:24 PM
In reply to Test by Dodgeman on December 21st, 2001 12:37 PM [Go to top of thread]

You all must have missed this post:

Attention Posters: The Bulletin Board will be migrating to a new server this weekend. Be aware that some posts may be lost during transfer. (The move on this weekend didn't happen on time ...)

... And there were 2.

They were listed on the OLD Server and they were 'carried over' (with all the other posts) to the NEW Server. (There're there. Take a look for yourself.) In a sense, 'we' were warned. Now, ... maybe I should have notified 'everyone' (out of the kindness of my heart, which it does have by the way ...) but, at the time, it was a Post at the 'head of the list'. Hence, I assumed that 'everyone' would see it since most of 'us' do peruse the list regularly, like a few times a day. I can understand the 'annoyance' in finding out the 'old URL' doesn't work any more but, as you've managed to do, you did figure out the new URL. Logically speaking, you can't migrate to a new Server w/o having a new IP address to migrate to. I guess they could migrate back to the 'old Server' (to reuse the old IP Address) but we don't need to go a 2nd round on that note, do we ...

I wouldn't worry about the Posters (i.e., those folks with the ?s) not finding us. My 'explanation' (not withstanding the 'move' to the new Server and for the lack of a better one) is that it's Christmas and folks aren't at work or at home to make posts. Besides, as for me, I haven't been doing much follow-upping either in the past week because I've been busy-as-a-Santa. (I do thank you all for picking up my slack. ;-) )

Hey, look on the bright side - After the Holidays, we'll be getting TONS of ?s because a lot of guys and gals will be getting all kinds of new 'toys', and will be looking for projects to use them on. Enjoy the respite, I guess. Ho-ho-ho - Happy Holidays to all, and to all a good night!

Jay J -Moderator

PS: God Bless America!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

• Test by Dodgeman  12/21/01 12:37 PM

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC