1 of 1 people found this post helpful
Fireplace Logs from Newspapers
To help people learn that energy can be recovered from trash.
Make fireplace logs from newspaper. This saves trees.
containers large enough to hold several soaking logsnewspapersused twine or stringbroomsticksscissorswater
1. Take eight pages of newspaper and lay unfolded on a table lengthwise. Lay broomstick at thetop of the paper.
2. Tightly roll the newspaper around the broomstick to about 8" from the end. Overlap anothereight pages and continue rolling until you have a good size log.
3. Tie with used string or twine (3" from each end).
4. Soak overnight in water. The water will break down the paper's fibers and reduce the amountof fly ash when the logs are burned.
5. Take the logs out of the water and bang them on the ground to pack the paper.
6. Remove the broomstick and dry thoroughly.
© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC