> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Here Ya Go ...
Login | Register

Here Ya Go ...

Posted by Jay J on September 28th, 1999 03:39 PM
In reply to Hardwood Flooring versus Laminated Flooring by Lea Fullerton on September 28th, 1999 03:20 PM [Go to top of thread]

In short, I prefer 3/4" hardwood floor in every room but the bathrooms, the kitchen, and any other room where water or humidity can be present in high quantities (ie., more than 'normal'). So, for your case, if you have a wood sub-floor, spend the $$$ for 3/4" hardwood. I know you're asking for the best hardwood floor (in part of your question) but there are so many out there. Decide on which type of flooring you want and then pick 'the best hardwood floor'.

If you want to do some on-line checking out of flooring, read this follow-up to an 'old' post. Solid vs Engineered vs Laminate. There are a few links in the multiple posts for you to peruse. If you have specific concerns, post them up. IMO, your 'question' is a broad one that needs to be narrowed down in a couple of ways. Again, if you have specific question or concerns, post up. 'Best' is subjective at best.

My 'best' to ya and hope this helps.

Jay J

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC