> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Here We Go Again ...
Login | Register

Here We Go Again ...

Posted by Jay J on March 23rd, 2000 01:18 PM
In reply to This is not for the inexperienced... Others, please post... by Jim -ATS on March 23rd, 2000 12:47 AM [Go to top of thread]

As 'Others' have said, and probably will say, if you're asking the kind of question(s) like yours, you're way in over your head. My perspective is if you make a mistake in a simple thing, such as which way should the strips/planks go, you may lower the selling price of your house, and it will look 'silly', and EVERYONE will see (or feel) the mistake. And to re-do the floor will be costly. So you have to ask yourself, "Is it really worth it???"

There are tons of How-to sites out there that talk about what it takes to lay a hardwood floor. Some sites assume you know something about carpentry, others don't. What you can do is go to a Home Center and ask for a sample set of instructions on How To Install A Hardwood Floor. Every box of material has one in it. And if you're laying engineered or laminate flooring instead of 3/4" flooring, you'll find those instructions challenging too if you're a novice.

So the best thing to do is educate yourself first before you buy. I believe the Home Centers have free classes on how to install a hardwood floor. Ask at the Customer SErvice desk. My best to ya and hope this helps.

Jay J

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC