> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Here's what we tried....
Login | Register

Here's what we tried....

Posted by Brenna on April 3rd, 2000 01:39 PM
In reply to Removing wallpaper by Deb on April 1st, 2000 06:00 PM [Go to top of thread]

Hi --

Our new house had the ugliest textured wallpaper on the ceiling of the kitchen. We bought the DIF system (scoring tool, liquid glue breaker-downer and scraper) then, on the advice of a friend renting a steamer at the last minute. THe basic problem is the glue. Once heated, the paper is no problem, peals right off but then you have a sticky, gluey nasty mess on your wall. Be prepared for a lot of hard work scraping the all the glue off to get a smooth surface. We felt the DIF system (bought at Home Depot) worked just as good or even better that the steamer -- the key is keeping the liquid very hot.

The main thing is be prepared for some intense work. When we started, I felt like it would take forever, but we had to done in just a day. And I would say, it was worth it but I still find little globs of glue everywhere in the kitchen.

Hope this helps

Oh, and with the DIF -- follow the instructions to the letter, I tried to shortcut and it didn't work!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC