> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Here's what manufacturer had to say....
Login | Register

Here's what manufacturer had to say....

Posted by K.Mac on August 28th, 2000 10:57 AM
In reply to Installing Pivot Shower Door on Uneven Tiled Wall Surface? by K.Mac on August 27th, 2000 05:00 PM [Go to top of thread]

Called Basco this a.m., they made our pivot door. The guy there told me just to caulk it. I reiterated that this was a pretty big gap, 1/4" and caulk will try to flow into recess of door frame. He said if I angle the gun right, caulk will stick to only the door frame and the tile. (I'm the designated caulker when we do our remodel jobs, and that sure sounds like a neat feat to accomplish. Especially when gravity's going to pull it downward.) He then offered an alternative he discouraged us from doing: having Basco send us a U-shaped channel to fit inside the frame and it will fill the gaps. We then have to tailor cut or sand though, to fit gaps. He said it's a time consuming job with on their end, even with equipment they have. Cost would be extra $25.00 + shipping. So, I'm going to relay ideas from this forum to dear hubby when he gets home, and we'll go from there. Thanks to all for your excellent suggestions! Knew this was the place to post our problem :-). -Kathy

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC