> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Here's another $.50 worth...
Login | Register

Here's another $.50 worth...

Posted by Jim -ATS on May 19th, 2000 08:36 PM
In reply to Is there a best paint brand? by Jeff (in MI) on May 19th, 2000 04:12 PM [Go to top of thread]

1 of 1 people found this post helpful

Here Here to all who have replied thus far, especially the experience with "what annoyingly impossible material can I apply paint to that should never be painted this week?"

At any rate, I too like Sherwin Williams, and for interior work, I especially like a product called Health Spec, which was formulated for hospitals and retirement homes. It has an extremely low odor factor, and after 6 hours or so, you can hardly tell you painted. Excellent coverage.

On the other hand (and I only have two,) there is a "new" paint company invading from Canada called Cloverdale, and I really like the experiences I have had with them as well. Both paints are thicker than hot fudge and cover almost as well.

I like painting with hot fudge, but this is a family website, so we won't get into that.

PREP PREP PREP. Tell the guy behind the counter at the PAINT store exactly what you are up to, and play like the little lost lamb, and he will walk you through the whole process and make sure you have everything you need.

Buy a can of Goof Off, a painter's 5-1, and a 3M masking gun. These make all the difference. Buy the expensive brushes, too.

Good Luck!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC