> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Here in my region of the world
Login | Register

Here in my region of the world

Posted by Steve: on November 26th, 2001 02:20 PM
In reply to It's a matter of degree... by Dodgeman on November 26th, 2001 01:28 PM [Go to top of thread]

there are specs for knotching and where and how big. Most knotching around here is dead center of the rafter, joists or whatever. Its the structural integrity that matters. A hole in the center is less likely to take the load bearing capacity away from the timber as a knotch on the side.

As Dodgeman so elequoently stated, " its all in using good judgement". People do feel that oh well it will be covered up and hidden so I can do as I want. Its not my house.

When I tear into a home for some repair. I can either cultivate a good positive bond with the builder, electrician, plumber as I do my repairs or I can say what a idiot. When I do electrical work and the previous electrician left a little extra wire or a wide loop, its so much nicer than one that stretched the wire soo tight that the connections cannot be re attached. Its just pride in your work and respect for the next person opening up this area.

I got off my soap box.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC