> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Helpful posters, read this one...
Login | Register

Helpful posters, read this one...

Posted by Jim -ATS on March 9th, 2000 01:57 AM

I notice that we tend to use acronyms on our unsuspecting readers, assuming they must know what these things mean... I always keep in mind when the computer industry came out with little Input Output ports on small computers called PCMCIA slots. I was told this meant "People Can't Memorize Computer Industry Acronyms." and I believe it.

Hell, what does IMHO mean, anyway? "I Mentioned Here Online?"

The only other thing I wanted to mention, is I believe we are all here to share our knowledge wherever we can. Let's try to be civil about it when we see someone giving less than accurate info. I have appreciated it in the past when I have strayed from that holiest of grails and some of you have corrected me, but as I read the threads, we are not always that charitable.

On the other hand, if you really don't have a clue what you're talking about, and you know you don't, don't say anything. It's different if you were just misinformed or beaten as a child, or god knows what...

Thanks to all of you for the diligence in answering these questions, I learn as much from you as anything else!

Best regards,

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC