> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Help with Basement leaks....
Login | Register

Help with Basement leaks....

Posted by Hip2u on March 21st, 1999 04:55 PM

I've got a 50 year old Ranch house with a full basement. The east wall in the basement was caving in. We had a company come in jack the house up, straighten the walls and then put in numerous C beams to support the wall. The wall is leaking again at the base. I want to install a sump pump as it's financially impossible to dig the foundation out on the outside for repairs due to a huge covered deck, walkway and central air concrete pad. It's been 8 years since the company did the work and no longer will warrant against leaks. Question? How would I go about installing a sump pump with all the C-beams holding the walls? I'm affraid to cut the concrete around them for fear of the walls moving. Would it be possible/feasable to cut the concrete out between them and then leave the area where the concrete touches the beams intact and then dig under that area to install the drain tile/gravel etc? I'm at a loss on what the easiest way would be to do it. I've got a guy that says he can chisel out and the base of the wall and floor and then apply Epoxy and it "may" hold for a few years. But at $100 for 8 feet it would be expensive to do it with no guarentee. Thanks, Shawn (Hip2u)

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC