> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Help Roof Leak !
Login | Register

Help Roof Leak !

Posted by Sheila Boyd on February 20th, 1998 03:55 PM

My husband & I have just bought our first house. Come to find out that there's a roof leak. When we crawl into the attic/crawlspace, we can see where two particle board pieces are suppose to join up. They are connect on other joints with a smallish metal brad/clamp/screw/something. On this location, the metal device is loose but not loose enough for us to identify it. If you push up on the lower board, it will move. The top one is secure. Water is coming in the joint and running down the lower particle board piece until it hits a nail which is portruding. The water then runs down the nail and drops onto the drywall. It is pooling there and staining the ceiling. Do I need to get on the roof and pull up the shingles,etc. to expose the board and reattach the metal thingy ? If so, what can I expect to have to remove and replace ? What tools will I need (I really don't have much) ? Or is this something I can fix from inside the crawlspace (there's standing room) ? Sorry if this seems so very basic but for me it isn't. Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC