> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > HELP! Furnace Problem
Login | Register

HELP! Furnace Problem

Posted by john on January 16th, 2003 07:49 PM

I have a friend who has a 10 year old gas furnace, I believe the brand is ComfortAir. Ever since she had it cleaned out this problem has started. The furnace will run perfect and at times it will reach the correct set temp and will act like it's going to shutoff but both fans kick back on immediately while the burners go off, the problem is that the two fans never shutoff until you manually turn down the thermostat or turn the switch off at the furnace. The burners never do come back on until you reset the furnace. Two HVAC men have been out and replaced the flame sensor and the "flame roll out switch" (I am not to sure what this does) The indicator lights says that there is a problem with the flame roll out switch, however, these supposevely were changed out already. I have replaced the thermostat, but problem came back within 2 days. I thought it is odd that the problem only happens every so often and seems to occur right after the correct temp is reached at the thermostat and that when the problem happens, you can turn the thermostat up but the burners never turn on with the fans running however I can turn the thermostat down and it will shut the running fans off. I am thankful for any and all help. Thanks

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC