> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Help finding weatherstrip for aluminum windows?
Login | Register

Help finding weatherstrip for aluminum windows?

Posted by Brad on June 4th, 2000 06:55 PM

Hi all!
I have been searching for replacement weatherstripping for my windows for some time and I'd greatly appreciate it is someone would let me know if they know a source for this weatherstripping that I'm looking for. I've got 4 old windows in my basement that are single-pane aluminum-frame side-by-side sliders (36x48). I've got new windows everywhere else, but I'd like to put off replacing these for a while. These are original windows installed in 1965. According to some old-timer window shops around here the brand is probably Sunlite, but it could also be Linco. Both have stopped manufacturing this product.
I'm trying to find the vinyl weatherstrip that fits against the sliding window. In profile, the material has two channels in a 1/4" square box, a 3/8" flap that buts up to the window, and a 3/16" t-shaped tab that holds it in place in a groove along the window frame. Maybe it'll help if you think about it as the profile of a baseball player: The head is the 1/4" box with a piece of vinyl in the middle that divides it into two channels. The bill of the cap is the 3/8" flap, and the players neck would be the 3/16" tab. The material is gray vinyl.
I've checked with a number of places in the area (Denver) and followed their leads to the end, but I can't find anyone around who has this stuff. I'd really appreciate hearing whether someone knows where I might call to find about 30' of this.
Any help is greatly appreciated!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC