> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > HEATING/FURNACE PROBLEM
Login | Register

Posted by HANDYPERSON on October 4th, 1999 12:28 PM

I have a Burnham tankless boiler in the basement that heats up the entire two story house.

Problem #1: Two of the three rooms upstairs are always cold. The water pipes in these rooms are lukewarm to the touch even when the furnace is working. The water pipes in the hall bathroom next to these rooms however has warm-hot baseboards. Incidentally, the thermostat is in the hallway at the entrance to both these rooms and the bathroom.

Question #1: Could there be a leak in the hot water pipe system between the bathroom and the rooms next to it? I have to say though that there are no indications of any water leak anywhere. It puzzles me as to why there is such a drastic change in the water temperature between the bathroom and the rooms next door.

Problem #2: The hot water temperatue in the hall bathroom mentioned above is erratic. When I attempt to fill the bath tub, the temperature starts off very hot, then cools of rather quickly and then takes a while to warm up again and then cool again etc. Most times, I have to fill the tub with water from the sink!
I assume that the water flow in the tub spout empties the existing hot water too fast but even when I use the shower head in the bath tub, I have the same problem though not as severe.

Question #2: Is my problem the fact that I have a tankless system? If so, do I have to install a holding tank to eliminate this problem? OR should I install a water flow control gadget at the tub spout?

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC