Although you could use it as a heat source if its from an electric dryer, you would not use it if its from a gas dryer. The last thing you want in your home is carbon monoxide. In addition to the C0, all the extra water vapor in the winter is a bad thing. It will eventually cause rot in your wood structure and mold growing throughout the home. The only real way to capture the heat would be with a heat exchanger. This is a device that allows the heat to be transferred without exchanging the moisture or the C0. Since it doesn't really exist, you would have to have something like that manufactured.