> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > heat pump noise
Login | Register

heat pump noise

Posted by Kris Zons on March 10th, 2003 04:27 AM
In reply to Outdoor heat pump compressor noise by Charlie on January 7th, 2001 10:19 PM [Go to top of thread]

Our neighbor has a heat pump. A room that was previously my husband's office, is now the children's room...and our neighbor's heat pump is so loud on that side of the house, I can hear the drone of it throughout our place, but it is worst in the kids room. When it goes on, it is so loud that it sounds like a car idling right outside the window, and it is such a loud buzzing that I am afraid to build on to that side of the house this summer (and that side makes the most sense, property-wise.) I am worried about health concerns with having that constant drone (almost like a vibration) at our walls and windows.

This neighbor is sort of irrational - he freaked on the neighbor on the other side of him when they built a privacy fence between them. I don't know what to do...he has been a good neighbor (to US), but at this point, one of us has to go - that awful noise, or me.

Would a solid privacy fence on that side, running the length of our property, do anything to alleviate the noise? I don't know what else to do...he is gonna go ballistic over this stuff. It seems unfair to me that people are just forced to deal with the increased noise as neighbors install heat pumps, and seem to have no recourse.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC