> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Heat pump
Login | Register

Heat pump

Posted by JackD on May 9th, 2001 11:11 PM
In reply to Gas furnace or electric furnace on new build? What would you do? by Rick on May 9th, 2001 09:39 AM [Go to top of thread]

Rick, Harold is absolutely correct about the comfort of a heat pump. They're known as "cool heat" and although they will heat the house, you don't "usually" get that warm, comfortable feeling when you walk past a register like you do with electric or gas and that's generated a lot of service calls in the past. Since you are going to get a heat pump, you might want to consider one with the gas back up instead of electric. I know that there's at least one out there. I forget the brand but maybe Harold will know. I'm out of the A/C business now and I think when I let my license go back it took my memory with it. I do not understand why you're going to get a heat pump after the build. Why not now, while it's being built? Did I misunderstand you? "They" keep telling me that heat pumps are more economical than gas but I'm not convinced. However, if gas keeps going up, "they" may be right. I'm with the others on this also because a lot depends on where you live. Good Luck.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC