> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > heat pump
Login | Register

heat pump

Posted by bc on January 10th, 2001 11:13 AM
In reply to Water in Heat Pump Split System CH&A by Watson on January 10th, 2001 10:40 AM [Go to top of thread]

Water has its ways but there must be a leak somewhere. Leave a cap off of a schraeder valve? Don't quote me on this but I think the heat exchange process can create a little moisture with the freon which is why they add dryers to the lines. Maybe the dryer went bad.

Now you are going to have to have an HVAC man out to evacuate the system and replace a bunch of parts including the possibly the compressor and then add new freon. If they don't get all the moisture out then you will continue to have problems and with the expense of all this, you are likely looking at a new unit as being the more economical route to go. Moisture will knock out the valves in a compressor very quick and you were lucky to get a week. Even if the compressor may work with new freon, the valves could have been damaged enough that they will go out anytime.

You don't live next door to Joe2 do you? lol Nevermind, I wouldn't think you would have a neighbor who would sabotage your noisy heat pump next to his bedroom window. I get a laugh out of Joe2's posts but I like to kid around too and I understand where he is coming from but many people may not.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC