> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Have You Seen These ???
Login | Register

Have You Seen These ???

Posted by Jay J -Moderator on June 25th, 2001 02:40 PM
In reply to Changing door swing by D Slowik on June 25th, 2001 01:56 AM [Go to top of thread]

0 of 4 people found this post helpful

Have you ever seen Instructions that come w/a new door??? If not, THAT'S what you're asking someone to write by hand w/o the use of attaching 'pictures'. I understand you want to save some $$$ but if you have to ask for such 'explicit instructions', you could be way over your head anyway.

Besides, if you mess up, you'll be calling a Pro anyways, not only to hang the door but, in addition, to repair any damage. Some times, especially like this one, it's best left to a Pro (or someone who is confident in doing this work.) The slightest mistake will prevent the door from closing.

How 'bout offering Babysitting 'services' to a friend that knows this kind of work IN EXCHANGE for him rehanging the door? How 'bout offering to cook a few meals? How 'bout offering to watch someone's dog while they're on vacation, or something? Perhaps you could tutor a child at reading or something in exchange for the work. THere are LOTS of ways to pay to have this done.

These are just my thoughts and ideas on your project. You have to know someone who's husband/wife is handy, no? Start bribing!!! Oh, I forgot - You didn't even say what kind of door it is you're talking about, nor where it was located in the house, nor which way you'd like to have it swing.

Sorry, but my best to ya and hope this helps.

Jay J -Moderator

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC