> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Have The Wife Wash The House ...
Login | Register

Have The Wife Wash The House ...

Posted by Jay J on August 9th, 2000 07:27 AM
In reply to Now, if I can only convince my wife to cut down some trees... by Ron C on August 8th, 2000 03:32 PM [Go to top of thread]

... That's how you might convince her into getting the trees pruned! (The only downside to that is no nookie for you for a while !!!)

Anyways, maybe you can have her write to me directly. I'd be more than happy to 'professionally joust' with her to see 'where she is coming from'. As you're already convinced, it's most beneficial to have the trees away from any structure, along with the bushes and such. FWIW, most folks just let everything go way too long before they prune. If it was done on a regular basis, like in Fall or Spring (plant-depending ...), everything would be MUCH easier. Why, just this morning, I saw this Berry Bush (whose name escapes me at the moment), that was over 15 feet tall! It's suppose to be kept at 3-4' in height! I've seen Azaleas that were 10+ feet tall! Unbelievable ...

To answer your question, you don't need that much bleach to kill mold and mildew. If the 'problem' is REALLY heavy, you can increase the bleach amount. Yes, wet the walls first, then work your way from the bottom up. Don't let the mixture sit for more than, say, 1 minute. Reason being, as it dries, you may get some light staining. Start by washing a section for about 1 minute. Then quickly RE-DO the 1st half, and rinse. Start a NEW section for 30 sections, then quickly RE-DO the 2nd section from the FIRST secion, and rinse. Then start another 30 second wash and RE-DO the SECOND secion real quick, and rinse. And on and on. This way, you're always a little ahead, and the mixture doesn't sit for more than 30 seconds. By keeping the just-cleaned sections wet, you won't have any problems.

If you have more ?'s, ask away. My best to ya and hope this helps.

Jay J

PS: It would be interesting to hear where your wife is 'coming from' regarding why she doesn't want the trees pruned ...

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC