> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Have an electrician...
Login | Register

Have an electrician...

Posted by Jason on March 12th, 2002 04:07 PM
In reply to Electrical by Kush on March 11th, 2002 06:10 PM [Go to top of thread]

Greetings Kush,

I am assuming that you also have a light that runs off the same switch.

It sounds to me that if this is the case, you will have to have an electrician run a new feed to the GFI.

currently,if you bypass the switch, your light will probably always stay on.

The wire probably goes from the switch to the GFI and then to the light.

This type of wirering is generally quite old and done with two wire. I would be very surprised if the GFI worked right because it may not be grounded.

Again, another reason for getting an electrician.

Good luck,

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC