> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Hardwood Floors.
Login | Register

Hardwood Floors.

Posted by Pam on November 13th, 2001 10:11 AM

1 of 1 people found this post helpful

My house is 16 years old. There is oak hardwood in the foyer and up the stairs. I want to put hardwood throught the entire rest of the house (including bedrooms, kitchen, and downstairs toilet).

There are so many types, colors, etc. I wish there was only one hardwood in one color!

Also, contractors. I went to Home Depot and they are tempting because of there lifetime warranty on installation. However, there install is quite a bit more than others. Should I let the warranty influence me?

Manufacturers. Which hardwood is better? Also, is manufactured as good as solid hardwood? I don't know. It's like you have to have a degree in wood. I always thought that Bruce was the only way to go. Now I'm not sure. I saw wood by Medallion that I also liked, but I've never heard of them and there wood is so much cheaper than Bruce's it makes me nervous.

Also, my den is on concrete and I don't know what's best for that. Each contractor tells me something different. One guy says floating by Junkerd, one guy says manufactured, one guy says that Hard Co makes a flexible hardwood floor that's best. Help! I'm so confused.

Would some of you knowledgable people give me some guidance? Please. I would surely appreciate it.

Thanks so much.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC