> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Hardwood floor pastewood filler
Login | Register

Hardwood floor pastewood filler

Posted by Bruce M on November 29th, 1997 08:08 PM
In reply to Filling cracks in a wood floor by Bruce Hodo on November 29th, 1997 09:49 AM [Go to top of thread]

Hi Bruce:
I didn't see this show, but I can tell you what I have done to fill small cracks in hardwood flooring in the past. The filler I have used is called pastewood filler, which is a fine powder dissolved in a mineral based solvent, with the consistancy of thick pea soup. You apply it with a brush, working it into the small crevices. let firm up, then before it dries, rub it off the surface with a course rubbing cloth like burlap, although I have seen my peers wait for it to get a bit firmer and scrape off the excess with a broad flexible putty knife. Once it hardens, the surface can be sanded, then stained. The pastes I have used in the past (sorry, haven't used them in a while so I don't remember their trade names) seem to stain along with the wood floor, just fine.

Sorry, don't know if adding fine sawdust powder to the filler compound will help.

Hope this sheds some light.

Bruce M

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC