> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > HARDEE SIDING
Login | Register

Posted by Susan on March 16th, 2003 04:39 PM
In reply to Hardi-board exterior cement fiber siding by Rosemary Merhige on January 29th, 2003 10:26 AM [Go to top of thread]

our house had hardee siding when we bought it two years ago. we live on the west coast of florida, so we get "the elements". The siding is beautiful up close. People think it is wood siding. From far away it looks really good as it does not have that vinyl siding look. We also noticed that it is not affected to our salt air like our neighbors vinyl (mildew)
I am not sure if the builder installed ours properly though. This is what I don't like so maybe it can help you.
The seams are really visible. I am sure that there is something to seal the seams, we are in the process of trying to find out more
OUr house is on pilings so there is a noticable "wave" to the overall picture of the sides (no landscaping to hide flaws)
I would just make sure that whoever installs your siding KNOWS what they are doing, so that you are not like us . . . trying to repair a look that should have been done right the first time.
good luck

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC