> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Hard wood floor problem
Login | Register

Hard wood floor problem

Posted by Vlad on March 27th, 2001 03:24 PM
In reply to Ooooh !!! by Jay J -Moderator on March 16th, 2001 06:59 PM [Go to top of thread]

Dear Jay.
First of all I'd like to express my deep gratitude for your respond.
As for conditions in the house there is a basement below the plywood, which the strips of the floor stapled to.
The product itself is beech prefinished hardwood manufactured by Muskoka hardwood flooring and I don't think the floor got "acclimated" properly, because the wood had been in the house no more than two days( maybe less) before the installation.
The company keeps blaming extreme moisture and job site conditions. But at the moment of installation they
1. did not inform us about that
2. did not suggest postpone the work.
More over the employees
3. did not put moisture absorber between strips and plywood.
Their representative visits us every month, measuring the moisture, which as he says significantly went down.
The vice president of the company in his letter back in September reassures us that,
"...As fall weather season approaches and atmospheric moisture levels known as dew points drop, it will relieve the stress on the floor and should correct any "cupping" and / or "grain raise" in the floor.
...Dehumidification, heating and air conditioning will speed up this natural process."
Now the fall is over as well as winter and almost middle of the spring. Nevertheless despite
1. moisture has gone down
2. dew to cold weather heater permanently has been on
3. so much time has passed
the floor condition became worse rather than better.
What should we do?
What can be done?
Thank you.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC