> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > hammer and chisel and scraper
Login | Register

hammer and chisel and scraper

Posted by bc on November 22nd, 2000 08:44 PM
In reply to Suggestions please.....Self-leveling concrete problems by Debbie on November 22nd, 2000 07:53 PM [Go to top of thread]

Break it up and start over. As soon as you are done eating turkey tomorrow, then start chipping away. I believe John indicated on your previous post that he needed a bonding agent to make that stuff bond.

I personally don't like the stuff as I have said in past posts. It doesn't self level like water and is in fact very viscous and you have to be very good and quick with a screed and mag float and be able to eyeball it and do it by hand. Something left to the very experienced. You can pour a bucket of it on a floor and end up with it being more uneven than when you started. It also breaks at thin edges. I personally don't think there is anything easy about easy flow and the ones who do it everyday can differ with me.

My choice would be to go with a dryer thick set mortar just like what is used for a mortar bed in a shower prior to putting tile down. You have plenty of time to work it and can do sections at a time. Don't get too thin with it. Use any bonding agent the mortar mix may recommend.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC