> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Hair dryers
Login | Register

Hair dryers

Posted by Brian daughter Autumn on April 4th, 2001 10:14 AM
In reply to Using American applicances in Europe by JMG on April 3rd, 2001 09:10 PM [Go to top of thread]

The adaptors available here, only make adaptations to the plugs. For american appliances to work in Europe, the voltage needs to be changed (ac frequency is also different, 50 v 60). I'm from England (living in Louisiana), Hair dryers are very cheap over there, just like here. You will save space & money, by buying one when you get there. If your other stuff, like radios, cd & tape players are dual voltage, then all you need are plug adaptors. Have a great trip, can I come with you. Regards, Brian.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC