> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Hague Water Softner
Login | Register

Hague Water Softner

Posted by Val Fezatte on April 18th, 2003 09:49 AM
In reply to Hague Water Softner by Ilana on February 7th, 2003 10:54 AM [Go to top of thread]

I came accross your email as I searched for a service rep to repair my Hague water softner again. Our softner is inside in our basement in Mid Michigan, but we seem to have problems with the computer after power outages with power surges. This will be my 3rd repair also. I now believe have related the repairs to power outages or power surges. I now will install a power surge protector on the plug for the Hague. I wish Hague had built one in or suggested, or had the dealer install on installation. Our dealer during last repair mentioned something about our's being an earlier version of computer control with lower voltage and posibility of converting (hundreds of dollars). The repairs have been around $50-$100 each so far. I like the idea of the on demand salt usage but dislike the computer problems.I have been involved in the heating cooling and plumbing business for 20 years. Seems like in Florida you could extend your water supply (in the ground) around to your garage or build a housing around the unit to protect it from the enviornment. I don't think it was designed to be installed outdoors and the dealer that did this was not thinking of the long run. Good luck to you.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC