> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > grouting the shower
Login | Register

grouting the shower

Posted by Teresa Sanders on December 28th, 2002 11:44 AM
In reply to re-grouting bathroom shower tile by ian on July 17th, 1999 09:44 PM [Go to top of thread]

Recently, with the help from some Lowe's experts, I used a dremel, removed loose grout, thought I killed any mildew, and let everything dry for days. I used a latex caulk recommended to me at Lowe's to fill in the areas, which were just the seams where the shower wall and floor meet. I did not use the shower for several days to allow the caulk to dry. It wasn't long before mildew began to appear and I knew something was wrong. I fought the mildew for months and finally realized that the new caulk had to be removed and I had to start over. To my shock, I find that the new caulk had only dried on the surface and that underneath was still gooey! At this point I am working on digging it out, and what a mildewy mess I have. Much worse than the original grout problem I was trying to fix! I was trying to avoid hiring a pro because it's not in the budget. I don't know how to proceed now. Please give me some good solid expert advice!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC