> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Grouting/Shower Replacement
Login | Register

Grouting/Shower Replacement

Posted by Christine Saucier on March 24th, 2003 07:40 AM
In reply to Shower Pan & Tiled Shower by Clark B. Jones on September 23rd, 2002 10:22 AM [Go to top of thread]

My house was built in 1990. I have a jacuzzi tub surrounded by tile with a tile step into the the tub. The shower is a separate, enclosed structure, that is tiled with a hinged door. The materials used were low grade and hence my question. Stepping into the tub was a cracked tile. I was advised it cannot be repaired. I decided to take out the grout, replace the tile and regrout. It is very labor intensive. Now that I have made the commitment, I am considering a full upgrade as I had planned to lay new flooring and replace all the hardware. The tile in the shower looks good but I would like to replace the door. Here's my problem - the shower pan is unattractive and I was going to install a clear glass door. What are my options in terms of creating an aestetically pleasing appearence? The home was appraised last month at $289,000 in Indiana and is beautiful from the outside, they just seem to have cut corners with the basics inside. I don't want to spend a fortune but would like to consider my options while I have the flooring removed.

Thank you.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC