renovateyourworld.com > Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > GROUT TOOL ...
Login | Register

GROUT TOOL ...

Posted by JAY J on May 19th, 2000 07:47 AM
In reply to REMOVING OLD GROUT AND REPLACING WITH A DIFFERENT COLOR by FLORENCE MATHIS on May 18th, 2000 07:48 PM [Go to top of thread]

FLORENCE,

THERE IS A MECHANICAL GROUT TOOL. HOWEVER, I DON'T RECOMMEND IT TO BEGINNERS BECAUSE IT TAKES A BIT OF USE TO GET USE TO. IF YOU MESS UP AND NICK THE TILE, THE NEXT THING YOU KNOW, YOU'LL BE POSTING A QUESTION ON THIS FORUM LIKE, "HOW DO I REPLACE A NICKED TILE?!"

AT THE HOME CENTERS, THERE ARE HAND-HELD GROUT TOOLS. THEY ARE MUCH, MUCH MORE FORGIVING. THEY'RE IN THE KITCHEN AND BATH AREA, OR IN AMONGST THE TILE PRODUCTS.

MY BEST TO YA AND HOPE THIS HELPS. OH, IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION OF YOUR OWN, IT'S BEST TO POST A 'NEW' QUESTION ALL BY ITSELF. YOU SEE, I ACTUALLY 'STUMBLED' ON YOUR QUESTION. OTHERWISE, IT LOOKS TO US 'FOLLOW-UPPERS' AS, WELL, A FOLLOW-UP AND MOST LIKELY WILL NOT BE READ.

JAY J

PS: PERSONALLY, I DON'T LIKE TO USE ALL CAPITAL LETTERS. READING POSTS THAT ARE WRITTEN IN THEM GIVE ME A HEADACHE. FORTUNATELY, YOUR QUESTION WAS VERY SHORT. NOW, THE ONLY REASON I'M WRITING BACK TO YOU IN CAPITAL LETTERS IS BECAUSE SOME FOLKS HAVE TROUBLE READING LOWER-CASE LETTERING. I'M ASSUMING THAT'S WHY YOU USE CAPITAL LETTERS. IF THIS IS NOT THE CASE, PLEASE DON'T USE ALL CAPITAL LETTERS. I HEAR OF LOTS OF REASONS PEOPLE USE ALL CAPITAL LETTERS. WHETHER I ACCEPT OR NOT ACCEPT ONE'S EXPLANATION IS OF NO CONSEQUENCE. PERHAPS NEXT TIME, IF A SIMILIAR POST WAS MUCH LOOOOOOONGER, I WON'T ANSWER IT. IT'S CONSIDERED 'SHOUTING' AND MAY BE IGNORED. THIS IS MY FINAL, FREE, UNSOLICITED ADVICE. (AND I DID ANSWER YOUR MAIN QUESTION, I HOPE ...)

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC