> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Ground rod.
Login | Register

Ground rod.

Posted by Tim Stringer on March 17th, 2003 06:51 AM
In reply to correction by lee on March 8th, 2003 07:06 AM [Go to top of thread]

Lee, In reading this tread and the other one about breaker tripping. You have many problems you need to take care of. (Adding around 5 circuits to your kitchen)If your gonna be making changes you need to be up to code today not 1958. I beleive you said you have a 100 amp panel?? More the likley this has been added at somtime before you bought the home and this person was probley not informed of codes. You need a 5/8"x8' ground rod under the meter base with a #6 bare copper wire going from meter base to ground rod. Then You should have a #6 wire going from the panel to the main water line. (befor the water meter) If you cannot do this maybe because the meter is outside in the yard then you need to have it as close to the point where in comes in to the home. Hope this helps Tim

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC