> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > GROUND LEVELING
Login | Register

Posted by Michele on May 29th, 2002 11:55 AM

51 of 107 people found this post helpful

I need help on how to level the ground for an above ground pool. i have a level that can be attached to a string but i dont know quite how to use it. the area is 18' in diameter. The instructions on the pool merely says "choose a level area." By Eyeballing the area, it seemed level but after i put the water in the pool there was a 4" difference of depth from one side to the other & you cant compensate by adding water to fill the low side because the high side will overflow! i drained the pool to start over & agained grated the surface knowing what parts were low & high when the water was in the pool. when i used a regular 1' long level & layed it on the ground, some areas look about a 1/2 bubble off on the level & some places were level. i dont know how much in inches of water a 1/2 bubble will compute to when the pool is filled again. how do i use a string level,if thats what i should be using? help!! i didnt know it would take an engineer to put up an "easy set" pool that says on the box "ready for water in 30 minutes" hah!!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC