> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Great Tankless Idea
Login | Register

Great Tankless Idea

Posted by The real Brian Wood on January 9th, 1999 12:41 AM
In reply to I had an experience with the tankless on vacation. Great idea by Bill Keane on January 8th, 1999 01:33 PM [Go to top of thread]

Hi Bill: I'm glad you liked the concept but am sorry about the incident with the gas valve. Was a hot water tap open at the time? Regardless, with an Aqua-Star, it is almost a physical impossibility for the gas valve to open while the unit is switched to PILOT, even with tap open. There is a tiny electro-magnet in the pilot circuit which prevents this very thing. The Aqua-Star has been around in (almost) its' present form, for around 65 years. I have sold,installed and serviced these heaters for 9 years and have NEVER seen this happen. Conclusion: it wasn't an Aqua-Star. Controlled Energy Corp' has a free tech service dep't which is second to none in the industry, and would have told the maint' man what the problem was in less than a minute. If anyone needs any info on any of CECs' products, please contact me at 800 851 9891 or E-mail Regards Brian Wood the Waterguyser. Happy New Year.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC