> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > great explanation of possible causes by everyone
Login | Register

great explanation of possible causes by everyone

Posted by LJ in TX on December 17th, 2002 10:50 PM
In reply to Toilet diagnostics by Raymond VinZant Plm Prof on December 17th, 2002 10:24 PM [Go to top of thread]

how long has this one been flushing poorly? I have one in a half balf bath added during a remodel four years ago never flushed right from the beginning either...its one of those low volume fact I have to hold the handle down until it flushes completely and then some to allow enough water to refill the bowl for the next flush....I suspect my problem is due to an insufficient vent stack and maybe an old 1950's 3 inch cast iron line laid in the concrete foundation .....I have considered changing out the guts of the tank to make it a larger volume of water flush from the tank ---but not sure if that would solve the problem and would involve completely rebuilding the tank with new fill valve and water exit valve/ballcock (the existing one is actually about an inch or two off the base of the tank. good luck with your troubleshooting . Harold ,,,got any suggestion on my problem. ???? LJ

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC