> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > grading prob that can't be fixed
Login | Register

grading prob that can't be fixed

Posted by L. Zanowic on October 1st, 1997 08:29 AM
In reply to A grading problem that can't be fixed??? by Bruce M on September 29th, 1997 09:44 PM [Go to top of thread]

Bruce M

I stand corrected, I am sure that the grading problem could be fixed, if I had the patience and perserverence to continuing bugging the builder. Although actually they have done alot to correct the problem. When we first moved in, after a rain our yard would be a swamp, and the water would stay in our yard for a week after the rain. It was horrible. Then the builders dumped dirt (lots of it) all around and then built a retaining wall at the beginnning of the block, this eleviated a large part of the water but did not completely rid us of it. The problem is when then started to build, they mustn't have had the proper knowledge of grading??? The second phase of the development is perfectly level and I doubt they will ever have any grading problems.

But, as I said it is alot better now than it was. It just seems to rain alot harder than I remember! And when it does the water builds up in our window wells and then trickles in the basement. (it used to pour in, before we sprayed the "great stuff" in there)

Any suggestions, other than the obvious get rid of the water?

Thanks, L

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC