> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > gouge ?
Login | Register

gouge ?

Posted by bc on January 10th, 2001 10:35 PM
In reply to roof shingles by bob bennett on January 10th, 2001 03:44 PM [Go to top of thread]

I read your post as costing an "additional" $2200 for the pinnacle "up grade" and I think Steve read it as 2200 for the total price for the job.

I read that as an additional $55 per square. The cheapest 3 tabs around run at least $20 per square. That put the Pinnicle 30 year at $75 plus per square depending upon what was bid before. You can call around for a pinnacle price, but similar ones of other brands run about $40 to $60 a square.

Remember also that architechural shingles take 5 nails instead of 4 in 3-tab shingles but that isn't enough to gouge someone too much. What are they quoting you for the whole job and where are you at? Have you gotten other estimates?

If you are in hail country, they say not to install over 20 or 25 year shingles anyway cause you will get a hail storm ruining your roof before the warranty is up(which warranty is basically worthless when you read them). If you have much wind at all, have them follow the instructions on the bundles for high winds which include 6 nails per shingle and gluing down all the side edges and valleys with caulk.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC