> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Good Question !!!
Login | Register

Good Question !!!

Posted by Jay J -Moderator on September 23rd, 2001 08:17 PM
In reply to Who is Steve and Jay by Ron on September 23rd, 2001 07:37 AM [Go to top of thread]

Hi Ron,

Yes, a lot of folks probably 'wonder' about what you're asking but don't even think about asking. So, I took some time to think about what I wanted to say, so here ya go ...

I am a DIYer. I'm not a Tradesman at all. I've done some work in a lot of areas and am NOT an expert at anything. My Father taught me a lot of what I know. I use to be a Helper on side-jobs in College and then after (until I gained full-time employment in the computer industry. Yes, I'm a Computer Programmer by Trade.) For many years, I've surrounded my self with friends in the Trades. Their advice is sometimes 'expressed' on this Forum after I've consulted w/them. (I only use them in certain cases.) I've done quite a bit of odd jobs at the homes of family members which I find self-rewarding. I've failed at many jobs and have learned from them. This is an ongoing 'experience' for me. I also read a lot about DIYer jobs. I subscribe to a couple of magazines, I read Reader's Digest Series, I read the Sunday newspaper, and I search the WEB (which I might add is a forte of mine.) There is SOOOOO much info out that that you can drown in it.

And lastly, I learn from the Regulars on the BBS. And I learn from what the public says about jobs too. I'd love to say I'm an Electrician or a Carpenter or a General Contractor. No, I couldn't do those jobs if I wanted to. I've always enjoyed working w/my hands. I do as much maintenance that is possible on my own cars (which I've done for YEARS and to this day.) I have a lot of tools, some of which I've used only once. Christmas and my Birthday are 2 occassions I look forward to. (Take my list and go to Home Depot w/it!)

I hope your insaciable curiosity is satisfied. I do wish you well. My best to ya and hope this helps.

Jay J -Moderator

PS: I've been 'working' on the BBS for 4 years now. I've been officially the Moderator for 1+ years. I will tell you that EVERYONE else is what makes this BBS a good one. Me - I just work here (for FREE if that makes matter. I am not a paid 'professional' ...)

PPS: God Bless America!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC