> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > good points Bruce...
Login | Register

good points Bruce...

Posted by jb on January 4th, 2002 09:48 AM
In reply to GymSeal by Bruce Ridenour on January 3rd, 2002 09:57 PM [Go to top of thread]

I agree with Bruce. The easiest thing to do is to just scuff it up with light sandpaper (emphasis on LIGHT), vacuum it all up, hit with a tack cloth, and put on one final coat of semi-gloss or satin which is not high gloss. I use a lambswool applicator, available at any decent paint store. One room should only take you an hour or two to sand and poly. If using oil based leave windows cracked for ventilation and consider having family stay in motel overnight - the fumes can be bad and cause real health problems. You should try to find out what you have already, ie: water based or oil based poly and use the same. I never "wax" these floors. If there is any wax, dirt, oil etc. on the floor already this needs to be 100% cleaned off and removed beforehand. I use oil based poly and I ALWAYS use high gloss for my first coat or two and then finish with a lower gloss top coat. This is because the high gloss is harder than the others and gives me a tougher floor.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC