> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Good Luck with new home inspectors
Login | Register

Good Luck with new home inspectors

Posted by PA Resident on June 30th, 1999 01:52 PM
In reply to vaulted ceiling design/HELP by John Fitzgerald on June 30th, 1999 01:14 PM [Go to top of thread]

Your note should be a warning to anyone who is buying a new home. I lived in Bucks County, PA where thousands of new homes were being built by Toll Brothers and others. The inspectors refused to go to a building site where there were a score of violations! One home was built on a swamp! Another had a wall that was improperly installed, and all of the studs were nailed in at an angle with just one nail! Windows were not properly installed to frames.

The list could go on, but I'm sure you get my picture. Since the big builders can harass the townships and sue the c--p out of the townships, they act as if they are untouchable. In my development, we had over $2 million in damages due to improper roofing and siding. The homeowners have taken a class action against Toll Brothers, who claim that all properties passed inspection before getting a c. of o. We are sure we will prevail, but in the meantime we are re-roofing and residing our entire development. Hopefully you won't have a builder as obstreperous as Toll Brothers is.

Good luck with your repairs.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC