> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Good Info & A Remedy ...
Login | Register

Good Info & A Remedy ...

Posted by Jay J on November 12th, 1998 09:05 AM
In reply to Mold/Fungus on Floor Joist by wade on November 11th, 1998 09:48 PM [Go to top of thread]

0 of 1 people found this post helpful

As you said you've done, the source of the moisture must be corrected in order for preventative measure (such as cleaning up) to work. Hopefully, adequate ventilation is part of you solution because you're gonna need it when you go to clean up the mold and mildew! As an aside, if you haven't already done so, in addition to adequate ventilation to assist in moving air and moisture out of the crawl space, your ground slope, your gutters, and your downspouts should be corrected and in good working order. (My luck would have it that you're next to a wetland, or something, and high water got ya.) :-( Now for some help on your more immediate problem ...

Go to Understanding Mold by the US Government. There's a whole dissertation on Mold and such but it does eventually give you the home recipe for cleaning up your mold problem. I suggest this WEB page because it helps in giving you insight into the causes of the mold and what you might do to correct its source. If you're not in a real hurry to get scrubbing, I'm sure you'll find the info useful.

My best to ya and hope this helps.

Jay J

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC