> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Good Idea ...
Login | Register

Good Idea ...

Posted by Jay J on December 3rd, 1999 07:57 AM
In reply to Fumes? by Ron on December 2nd, 1999 04:04 PM [Go to top of thread]

Turning off your heater(s) would be a good idea. I also suggest you don't burn a candle in order to rid the room of fumes. If possible, close off the upstairs door and open a window and turn the fan on LOW. All you need to do is create enough draw to pull the fumes outside.

Personally, for a real nice looking bar, I prefer plugs. I use filler in places that are mostly 90 degrees, or slightly less, to the line-of-sight. (Like baseboard trim, and so on.) You can look directly at a bar top and see the 'imperfections' more w/the filler. I'm not that good w/it. BUT, if necessary, you can buy the pre-stained filler or as I do, I roll neutral filler in a bit of my stain to 'color' it up. It takes a little doing to do it this way so consider it along with the Minwax color-matched filler. For me, it's preference. The darker the stain, the more likely I am to use the color-matched fillers. The lighter the stain, I'm more likely to roll the neutral putty in my hand with some of my stain.

My $.02. My best to ya and hope this helps. When you're finished, I have a stool with my name on it looking for a new home. :)

Jay J

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC