> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Go For It !!!
Login | Register

Go For It !!!

Posted by Jay J on May 24th, 2000 07:49 AM
In reply to Humidifier / AirFilter by Juleous on May 24th, 2000 02:03 AM [Go to top of thread]

I'm getting one installed real soon. My brother-in-law installs HVAC systems and my Best Man is in the Boiler business, and such. Both recommend Aprilair. I'm getting the 760.

As for air cleaners, I have a Honeywell Electrostatic Air Cleaner. It pops but very little. If your HVAC system sucks in things like clothes lint, thread, down pillow feathers, and the like, sure it will pop like crazy. My HVAC system is sized to the house and sucks just fine. (I'm setting myself up for something here but I can't quite put my finger on it ...) Since the unit is in the basement, you have to be down there to hear the popping. Geesh, the HVAC unit goes on and off a lot more than the Cleaner does popping! The former is more 'annoying' or noisy than the latter. Unless you have a finished basement where the Cleaner is, say, in earshot of where people are 'hanging out', maybe you shouldn't get it. BUT, as I said a moment ago, if the turning-on of your HVAC system isn't bothering you, then get the Cleaner you're looking at.

As bc says, go for it! My best to ya and hope this helps.

Jay J

PS: Hopefully, if you have an existing system, the Cleaner can be retrofitted ...

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC