> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Go for it!
Login | Register

Go for it!

Posted by Melissa on March 26th, 2003 04:43 PM
In reply to Painting mobile home walls (vinyl) by Chelley on January 24th, 2003 08:23 AM [Go to top of thread]

3 of 3 people found this post helpful

I've also had 2 different mobile homes, the first one we took down the strips & pulled down the wall paper in the livingroom (which I do not recommend unless you are prepared for more work peeling & sanding) and just filled the cracks where the drywall met, let dry and sanded, primed the wall and sized it and put up new paper. Sounds like a lot of work but it wasn't "too" bad. And the room looked great! I am now considering doing that again in this mobile home. Also, in our first home we were expecting our first child and wanted to redo a room, we also scrubbed the walls thoroughly and let dry, we again took down the strips very carefully primed both the walls and the strips with an alcohol-based primer and then painted both, when everything was dry, we rehung the strips. We never had any "bleed through" or peeling and it looked great! I say go for it whether you choose to paint or wallpaper, keep the strips or not, you will get excellent results!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

• Help! by Jessica M. Scott  7/10/03 06:21 PM (: 2, : 0)

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC