> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Go Figure?
Login | Register

Go Figure?

Posted by Ron C on August 23rd, 2000 01:38 PM
In reply to Checking in! (Regular Posters, please read!) by Jim-ATS on August 22nd, 2000 08:57 PM [Go to top of thread]

Go figure? No-one wants to work for money. I think its very noble that these guys enjoy helping others "for free". Kudos

I would like to offer my opinion on a great home improvement database. Its the 30188 and counting entries in this forum. Too bad no-one has taked the time and effort to build an index to them. Every entry ever put into this forum still exists. However we have no organized way of getting to past messages other than guessing by plugging in a number into the address line.

My vote is to keep this forum in its existing form. However, an index could be built to classify and organize old-old posts. All of this great information is out there, and this would provide a vehicle for people to get at it. We could send people to the "Old Posts Index" for further information regarding a specific subject like "Hardwood Floors"

Personally my full-time job and second full-time job (my own home improvements) keep me too busy to volunteer. However, post up what type of work this would entail and the compensation involved. You may have scared away some potential helpers with the threat of too many hours of work. People are scared to volunteer when they don't know what the job requirements are. Maybe you have some simple organizational tasks that could keep my wife off the streets...(just kidding). But, post up a clear description of the job requirements. Post it, and they will come...

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC